Good morning! Today I’m enjoying the first snow here in Kentucky & diving a bit deeper into the gratitude mantra. The goal is to make it a habit to capture 5 things you’re thankful for at the end of each day using a gratitude journal app on your phone (or paper journal) What’s cool is that usually more than 5 things come up!
Here is a snapshot of the last couple months:
- Gave myself some nice stretching/ yoga today
- My roommate’s generosity helping me untangle a massive mess of yarn into a ball
- Beautiful nature walk at Perrin Park, the geese flying overhead!
- For a work event I was manning the registration booth at 7:00 AM, the caterer brought me breakfast (I was starving!), really kind of him.
- The shower I took last night/ clean feeling
- A feeling of productivity, being happily busy
- Hot spiced milk I’m about to drink
- The blog post I wrote, how the words flowed out of me
- Awesome drum circle last night
- The little steps I’m taking each day w/ my sewing, less is more approach
- The time I took to clean out my closet/ simplify/ declutter
- Morning walks in quiet peaceful air
- Time off work and still paid!
What has been your experience w/ gratitude? Do you keep a journal? What has the practice taught you/ done for you? And MOST IMPORTANTLY, what are you grateful for TODAY? I’d love to hear! 🙂