What if, when things felt a their absolute worst & your life circumstances seemed unfair, you challenged yourself to find something good, something that you’re thankful for in the midst of the chaos? Could you do it?
What if, when you were having a horrible day, you could open an app on your phone that looked like a calendar, click on yesterday & look at only GOOD things- things you recognized in your life & felt lucky to have?
Research has shown people who steadily practice gratitude become 20-25% happier. Today I’m sharing some apps you can install on your phone that will help you begin a gratitude practice- I say practice because you better believe it will take effort(!) Gratitude doesn’t just come to you, you have to put in the energy & time- like working out, only instead of managing your body you’ll be managing your mind! And you WILL see results.
I have been trying this out for about 3 months now and I can tell you from experience it’s the antidote for “why does everyone else have it better than me!!!??”
Try it out for a few weeks & see if it doesn’t cause a little ripple in your thought waves!
- Gratitude Journal- the original
- easy journaling format
- sends you friendly daily reminders so you don’t forget
- lets you add photos
- lets you export to PDF
- lets you share to social media
- Gratitude Journal- the life changing app
- Calendar & bullet point views
- One entry per day- encourages you to just focus on TODAY
- customizable & sharable
- Gratitude Rock
- Ocean sound plays in the background
- Customizable background photos/ font
- Add up to 3 photos a day, can email text & photos
- Read daily inspirational quotes, save quotes to a clipboard
- Daily alert w/ 25 different sounds to choose from
- The Gratitude Habit
- Teaches kids gratitude w/ cartoons & games
- Fun for adults too
- Great for families
- lets you share your mood & responds w/ uplifting quotes
- encourages you to pause for meditation breaks
- lets you share/ capture something positive using your voice
- lets you connect with a community of other Happier users.
- Attitudes of Gratitude Journal
- Includes the prompt “Today I’m grateful for…”
- Nice clean layout w/ photo
- Lets you set a daily notification/ reminder
- Happiness With Sri Sri
- Promotes the happiness program developed by world renowned humanitarian Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Practical tools- assessment of your mood, measures how much time you spend with family/ friends
- Powerful quotes from Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Gratitude Tarot
- Features a tarot deck of cards w/ names like “2 of kindness”
- Poetic interpretations on each card to get you questioning gratitude on a deeper level
- Includes a journal & lets you save card readings in the journal
- Gratitude journal- this is the one I use. It’s simple & gets the job done. Includes a calendar & a journal entry/ notepad. Lets you save all entries and refer back to them by clicking a spot on the calendar. Also has a link to the daily weather on the homepage which I thought was cool.
Thanks for checking this out! And keep in mind these are just a few that caught my eye. There are SO many more apps which you can explore further here.
Interested in Mantra Made Clothing?